background

Thursday, February 23, 2012

Tri-Shutter Fold Birthday Card




I made this card for my daughter's 18th birthday she thought it was cool.  For this card, you could make without your cricut but I choose to opt in some images that I used my cricut which is optional. You can decorate it with the embellishments of your choice to make it your very own. This is my first tri-shutter fold card so I want to keep it simple, but I know I will try it again adding more embellishments.
To begin you will need a piece of card stock measuring 5 1/2 x 12"
Score @ 2" 4" 8" and 10" Line your paper vertically(long ways) in trimmer @ 1 1/2" cut from first score line 10" cut down to 2" Move paper over to 4" cut from 2" to 10"
 Fold your score lines

This is what you base should look like

front view

top of card
card folded up lying flat down

Cut out pieces
Double sided paper is recommended but I used just one pattern paper
4 pieces cut @ 1 3/8" x 1 7/8"
2 pieces cut @ 1 3/8" x 3 7/8"
1 piece 2 3/8" x 3 7/8" optional I put an cut image here
2 pieces 1 7/8" x 5 1/4"
2 pieces 1 7/8" x 2 1/2" optional I used a coordinating piece of cardstock
For my image I used Sweethearts Cartridge on page 74 the cartouche image cut pink @ 2 1/2" and white cartouche @ 2 1/4" layer those together
Hello Kitty Greetings Cartridge cupcake on page 41 blackout feature cut @ 1 3/4" and all the other pieces to cupcake
I used Stampin Up ink Marina Mist to ink the edges and for stamp sentiments also I used Cherry Cobbler for the heart

my first tri-shutter fold card
up close view of cupcake

up close view of added decor

close view of the sentiment
Thanks for stopping by and following me, to see a video of the card please visit me on Youtube DeesDesigns

No comments:

Post a Comment